Tempered glass is used in a wide variety of applications in both homes and businesses. While we know that tempered glass is better, many people are often unsure of why it’s better. Here we look at 7 advantages of tempered glass that make it the clear material of choice for both residential and commercial use in glass features and structures.
1. Safer. One of the most evident and valued benefits of tempered glass is that it is safer. Tempered glass is stronger, so it resists breakage. But when it does break, tempered glass disperses into blunt, pebble-like pieces, rather than the sharp shards of traditional glass. The sharp pieces of regular broken glass can cause deep cuts and severe injury and are very difficult to clean up thoroughly. Choosing tempered glass to prevent serious injury that can occur when glass breaks and keeps your family protected.
2. Stronger. Tempered glass is not only safer if it does break, it’s also less likely to break because it is strengthened. The strength of tempered glass means it can stand up to impacts, blows, scratches, strong winds and other weather events. Because of the resistance of tempered glass, it’s often used in high-rise buildings and commercial settings where it can withstand higher forces.
3. Scratch and Damage Resistant. Tempered glass is ideal for residential doors and commercial windows, partitions, and doors, as it is more scratch resistant and will stand up to everyday use and wear and tear. Using tempered glass for glass doors, display cabinets and windows ensures these surfaces stay flawless and clear for longer.
4. Heat Resistant. When a regular glass is exposed to heat, it can shatter causing dangerous shards of glass to disperse. However, the unique process that tempered glass goes through in production allows it to withstand even high temperatures. This is one of the reasons that tempered glass is required in bathrooms where exposure to hot water is likely.
5. Design Versatility. Because of the strength of tempered glass, it can be used in many creative and unique applications. Tempered glass is required for frameless shower doors and other frameless glass structures like partitions and commercial doors. These add an innovative and stylish effect to both residential and commercial spaces.
6. Pattern Options. Tempered glass is also available in a range of patterns and designs to compliment your unique style and taste. Patterned, frosted, clear colored, and engraved options are available to ensure you get the creative, yet strong glass option you want.
7. Clarity and Quality. Tempered glass is also high quality, offering crystal clear clarity and outstanding results in a variety of settings. Whether you choose tempered glass for glass shower doors, strong windows, glass doors, cabinets or display cases, you can be assured of the utmost quality and clarity.